ClearSale joins International Avisory Board of Merchant Risk Council (MRC)
In addition to having been present at several editions of the MRC, the largest risk management and anti-fraud event, ClearSale, a company specialized in risk prevention and management solutions, will also be part of the Advisory Board to lead the efforts in the fight against fraud in ecommerce of the Merchant Risk Council.
Recently, the organization entered the Latin American market and established itself in Brazil. Therefore, an Advisory Council for Latin America was formed.
Rafael Lourenço, Executive Vice President of ClearSale, has been appointed, along with 12 other professionals, as a member of the MRC's Latin America Advisory Council. ClearSale will be part of the board along with companies such as Luiza, iFood, Decolar, FarFetch and Adidas.
"I am very happy to join this board alongside such relevant people and companies in the market. It is an extremely important time for ClearSale to be in the MRC. We want to help, not only the Latin American market, but globally speaking, to promote the exchange of strategies for risk mitigation in the fight against fraud in ecommerce," says Rafael.
The list, which was unveiled yesterday, July 19, features 27 new members for the Global Board of Directors, which operates within the highest ethical and legal standards, and its four Regional Councils – Latin America, North America, Asia Pacific and Europe – who bring a unique and local perspective to the MRC, offering leadership, experience and unparalleled knowledge of the local industry.
"Each of these board members will bring invaluable value to our organization as they have unique expertise and expertise around the risk and fraud ecosystem," said Julie Fergerson, CEO of the Merchant Risk Council.
In 2021, MRC expanded its presence by offering services to members in Asia Pacific (APAC), including companies such as Canva, Grab, Ant Group (Alibaba) and Lazada. Recently, the organization announced its entry into Latin America, establishing itself in Brazil, and this month, the inaugural MRC Board was formed in this region.
"Our board members are a central part of the organization, as are their ideas, directions and contributions, providing guidance and support to the MRC," concludes Fergerson.
The following are the new members of the CRF Board:
- Global Board of Directors
- Lee Clifton, Global Head of Payments and Performance, Stripe;
- Natalie Dunne, Director of Payments and Fraud Operations, at FanDuel.
- Advisory Council of the Americas
- Marko Medenica, Product Manager, Payment Platform, at Grammarly;
- Gordon Sheppard, Director of Global Fraud Management, Sony PlayStation
- European Advisory Committee
- Diarmuid Considine, Vice President, Product Management, Ethoca;
- Lex Ledger, Senior Director of Payments and Partnerships, Operations and Growth Optimization, Spotify;
- Galit Shani-Michel, Vice President of Payments, Forter.
- Asia-Pacific Advisory Council
- Robbie MacDiarmid, Vice President, APAC Consulting, CMSPI;
- Dany Naigeboren, Head of Risk and Analysis APAC, Forter;
- Laurice Romero, Growth and Payments Manager, Canva;
- Gordon Song, Head of Enterprise Risk, at Lazada;
- Nicolas Stipp, Vice President and General Manager, Asia Pacific, Mastercard/Ekata;
- Virginia Yang, Vice President, Account Management, Adyen.
- Wei Duan, Vice President APAC, EBANX
- Latin America Advisory Council
- Brendan Anson, General Manager Brazil, in Checkout.com;
- Paula Bellizia, President of Global Payments, at EBANX;
- Kahuê Cardoso, Director of Risk and Fraud Prevention, at Magazine Luiza;
- Ania Czech, Senior Payments Manager for Latin America, Netflix;
- Nelson Fioque, Payments and Fraud Leader, Farfetch;
- Jorge Garza, Senior Operations and Global Risk Manager, Adidas;
- Edgar Humberto, Senior Manager of Web Products and Global E-commerce, at Lenovo;
- Rafael Lourenço, Executive Vice President of ClearSale;
- Talles Moreira, Senior Director of Solutions and Risk Management for Latin America, CyberSource;
- Alejandro Morón, Director of Fraud, Decolar.com;
- Daniel Ortiz, Senior Vice President and Head of Sales for Latin America, at Vesta;
- Thais Redondo, Senior Director of Fraud Prevention, iFood.
- Bruno Trigo, Brazil Risk Manager, at DiDi Global